Thursday, November 8, 2012

China Glaze Cirque du Soleil

Haul & Swatches

Edit: I have reviewed both of these here: Whirled Away & It's a Trap-eze!

Today, I purchased two of the twelve colors from China Glaze's Cirque du Soleil collection.
Over Number One Nemesis

The shades I purchased are It's a Trap-eze, which is a glitter in a white base (kind of like a white version of Candy Shop) and Whirled Away, which is black and white glitter in a clear base. In Whirled Away, the white pieces are bigger than the black pieces and there is also bar glitter in it as well. When you look at Whirled Away in the bottle, it looks like there's googly eyes staring at you O.O ...

I originally though I was going to purchase more, but it did not appeal much to me after seeing it in person. Most the colors reminded me of summer neon colors. For the rough swatch, they are both layered over OPI's Number One Nemesis (since I was rushing to school after getting it). It's a Trap-Eze made Number One Nemesis look like a grey, which is not bad at all! Anyway, I will swatch them individually soon! :)

5 comments:

  1. I´m starting to get a little wigged- you got the exact 2 polishesI got! I agree, the other colors didn´t seem super unique at all. Whirled Away is a lot like Sticks and Stones type of polishes, except there is much less white polish than black (and no white bar glitter, either).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think those will be two of the most popular ones! I wanted Water You Waiting For & Get Carried Away from the bottle shots I saw online, but when I saw them in person, it was "eh" .. lol. US Nail Supply? :)

      Delete
    2. I agree these 2 are the ones getting the most buzz. :) I didn't know anything about this collection until I went into US Nails.

      Delete
  2. Jealous, want 'em, where did u find 'em?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found them at a beauty supply store in San Jose, but it's online too! I think head2toebeauty.com & transdesign.

      Delete